Scenario: You are a captain in a large metropolitan police district. Your chief has called you to a meeting to discuss strategies to deal with the large number of citizen complaints that he has been receiving regarding numerous fights, loud noise, and street racing that has been occurring in your zone. In addition, the business owners have complained about the large amount of vandalism that has caused thousands of dollars of damage to their buildings.
Write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
· In your meeting, how will you respond to your chief’s concerns? Explain.
· How do you feel the chief will react? Why?
· What role do you think community policing will have in addressing the chief’s concerns? Explain.
· What role will problem-oriented policing have in addressing the chief’s concerns? Explain.
· Explain how you would use the S.A.R.A. process (scanning, analysis, response, and assessment) to address the chief’s concerns? Explain.
· Do you think this method would be effective? Why or why not?