Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper detailing your reaction to each selection. Include the following in your paper:
- A summary of the strategies you think the writer used to convey a particular idea.
- Describe how you personally relate to the theme and explain the intended purpose of each story and its theme.
- Use quotes from each selection to support your paper. At the end of the paper, consider how you analyzed the stories and answer the following questions:
- What makes each of the chosen selections nonfiction?
- Is imagination required for writing and reading nonfiction? Why or why not?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Select two of the nonfiction texts you have read for this week.
“Salvation,” Langston Hughes
Letter from Birmingham Jail,” Martin Luther King, Jr