Write a short essay (at least three complete paragraphs) on the following.
Fifteen years from now, what is the one thing that you learned that you think you will remember most from this class? The following questions might guide you in thinking about this question:
· Something that turned out to be totally opposite from what you’ve always believed?
· A villain that turned out to be a hero or a hero that turned out to be a villain?
· The impact of something from history on life today?
· Something that you now see as extremely significant that never seemed important before?
End your essay with answers to these questions:
· with this one important thing in mind, how has this class changed how you think about history?
· Reflecting on the philosophies of history of Carlyle and Hegel and other approaches, what do you think is the most significant determinant of history?