week 6 discussion soci
What is your perspective in regards to social and institutional change in today’s multicultural society? Consider your individual reponses and actions concerning matters of diversity and pluralism. This week’s discussion centers on what individuals have done and can further do to foster a more pluralistic society.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 7 and 14 to clarify your understanding of pluralism.
- Review the text excerpt from Privilege, Power, and Difference, focusing on what individuals can do to make a difference.
- Think about two or three ways American institutions have brought oppressed groups closer to the American dream.
- Consider the level of individual commitment required to foster pluralism in society.
- Think about what individuals can do to foster pluralism in society.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 an analysis of how major social institutions are promoting pluralism in response to the ever-growing diversity of groups in America. Provide specific examples. Then explain what an individual can do to foster such pluralism.